Now that I’m back from backpacking in Asia, a lot of people ask me questions like; “what was your best experience?”. It is an impossible question to answer. You’re not asking me to give an update of my weekend. I was away for 3 months. Every single day was a new adventure. I experienced countless things, many of which were completely different from each other and impossible to compare. That being said, some memories shine brightly when I think about them. And although I still believe categorising my experiences and rating them is an impossible task, I forced myself to at least give an indication of some things I did, see and learn which were special to me. So I tried to end writing about my recent travel adventures with a summary of some highlights of my backpack trip.
1. Learn to surf in Bali, Indonesia
2. Swim in bioluminescent plankton on Koh Rong Samloem, Cambodia
3. Climb mount Rinjani on Lombok, Indonesia
4. Fly a hot air balloon in Vang Vieng, Laos
5. Visit the Great Wall in Beijing, China
6. Celebrate New Year with a massive 3 day water fight in Luang Prabang, Laos
7. Float on a boat through the dark 7km long Kong Lor river cave in Laos
8. Visit the Killing Fields in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
9. Walk around many ancient temples like Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Cambodia
10. View the spectacular Acrobatic Show in Shanghai, China
Have you experienced something recently that was really awesome?