I have a holiday themed DIY post for a change. I thought it would be fun to have glitter Easter eggs, so played around with it. Here is the result and a step-by-step guide if you would like to try yourself as well: You will need: a hard-boiled egg, Mod podge, glitter, a brush and a waterproof marker.
1. Apply tape on the egg in your desired shape or pattern. Leave the space open that you want to have glitter on. Because I was simply trying out, I kept it simple and decided to only do a glitter top.
2. Apply mod podge (or a similar other glue) over the open surface.
3. Sprinkle glitter over the wet glue area and try to cover all areas. Let it dry. Then apply a top coat of mod podge to secure the glitters from falling off.
4. Let dry and take off the tape afterwards.
5. You could leave it at this or highlight the edge with a marker. I did this because I wasn’t completely happy with the transition from the glitter area to the empty egg surface.
6. Draw more details if you want to.
I did another full-glitter egg today, and I can highly recommend that too (will show later). Have fun making glitter eggs!